There’s no doubt about it: it feels great to be able to flash a confident smile!
But straightening your teeth with orthodontics is also important to correct alignment problems like underbites and overbites, and to stop premature wear and chipping of your front teeth.
Your dentist will discuss with you about whether you or your child may need orthodontics. The majority of patients require traditional orthodontics which can correct many types of dental crowding. If required, we refer you to local orthodontists who can help you with your treatment.
For more mild cases, we offer clear aligners called Invisalign Orthodontics that friends and family will barely even notice you’re wearing. The big difference between metal braces and Invisalign is that aligners can be taken out while eating and for better brushing and flossing. Conventional fixed metal braces cannot be removed, so food and plaque collect around the teeth and gums. Also, Invisalign Orthodontics do not use archwires or other sharp components like metal braces do, so nothing will ever spring loose.
What you can expect
- Clear aligners are to be worn at least 20 hours per day
- Occasionally, teeth require slenderizing or enamel contouring during alignment
- Bonding clear resin buttons on some teeth ensures your aligner stays in place
- You will be given a series of custom-designed aligners that you will switch every two weeks
- You will come for a checkup with us about every two months
- Depending on how much realignment you need, you can have straighter teeth in as little as 8 to 10 months