Dental Exams & Cleaning
Regular check-ups are the best way to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Depending on what’s happening inside your mouth (and sometimes your insurance coverage) we’ll recommend seeing you between every 3 to 12 months to give your pearlies a good scrubbing and make sure everything else looks healthy.
What you can expect
- With a standard dental exam, you’ll be in and out in about an hour. One of our hygienists will look after you, followed by a quick check-up and chat with your dentist.
- In addition to the usual oral exam, tooth-by-tooth cleaning and selective polishing, we will also ask about your recent medical history, which can be important for your oral health, and screen for oral cancer.
- Appointments are usually booked 3 to 6 months in advance, but occasionally a spot opens up. If you need to cancel, we request at least 48 hours notice.
If you’re ever curious about what we’re doing, just ask! We’ll be happy to talk you through every step.
Here are some other resources that will help you know what to expect when you come for your appointment.
- Brush up on your oral health factswith the Ontario Dental Association's pamphlet.
- The Canadian Dental Association provides a great overview of dental exams, with a separate overview for seniors.