We specialize in helping to make children of all ages feel comfortable and calm when they visit us — we can even make it fun! We will help you and your child understand the best ways to keep his or her teeth clean.
What you can expect
- Your child should come for a visit by his or her first birthday, or when the first teeth appear.
- Regular check ups begin at about age two and a half, once all the primary teeth have come in, we recommend coming back every six months.
- As your child gets older, we can support his or her oral health along the way, whether that includes accidents, braces, wisdom teeth concerns , or any other need.
Find out more
Got questions about how to keep your child’s teeth and gums healthy? It’s really important to us that your child has great oral hygiene, so please ask!
If you need information sooner, here are some helpful resources.
- Dental Care for Children provides information from the Canadian Dental Association on everything from dental development and nutrition, to pacifiers and thumb sucking.
- The Ontario Dental Association also has these web pages for each stage of development:
- For younger kids, the ODA KidsZone includes a fun cartoon called “Ricky Brushes His Teeth”, quizzes and games.
- 3 Ontario Dental Association pamphlets to check out: