1 in 4 Canadians adults are at risk of having Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and don’t feeling rested and refreshed in the morning. But there are other reasons you should learn more if you are at risk.
Sleep disturbance and repeated reductions in blood oxygen levels can
· Make you sleepy during the day
· Reduce your quality of life
· Increase your risk of accidents, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and depression
If you have 3 of the follow risk factors, talk to your dentist or doctor about diagnosis and treatment of OSA.
- Snoring loud enough to be heard through closed doors
- Often feeling tired or sleepy during the day time
- Having been observed to stop breathing for 10 – 30 seconds during your sleep
- Diagnosed with high blood pressured
- 50 years of age or older
We can help!
Wearing customized dental guards while you sleep help over 90% of people with OSA sleep better. They are comfortable allowing you to talk, drink and close your mouth while being worn – and they are often covered by health insurance.
We would be happy to give you more information or answer any questions you have about OSA and treatments.